Necklace in Diving Magazine...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, I did join for the chamber insurance recently...
Thanks folks.

rjchandler:
If you are a member of Dan you get 4 free issues whether you want them or not
:confined:

rjchandler:
If you are a member of Dan you get 4 free issues whether you want them or not
Isn't there some old saying, 'You can give a diver a rodales but you can't make him read it"?

cheers,

FFMDiver:
This month's issue of Diving Magazine refers to a tech diver's 2nd stage necklace as a being called a "suicide strap." Now why would they say this? :06:

For all the sheep jumping on the bandwagon who didn't actually read the article, they didn't say it WAS a "suicide strap", they said it's been called that. I did think that reference was odd as I've never heard it called that. But overall the article was factual, including well thought out reasons for the difference in gear configurations.

But yeah the magazine is full of ¢rap. Imagine naming an Apeks regulator as a Tester's Choice in this month's regs review. :rolleyes:

Marc

Green_Manelishi:
What's "funny" about that reference is that years ago there were many single-hose regs that came with a snap-on necklace. No kidding. I had (wish I still had it) a Nemrod in the mid 1970s that had a necklace.
Snap on necklace or a snap on rubber strap that was supposed to hold the regulator in your mouth? Seems everyone threw that strap away.

DennisS:
Snap on necklace or a snap on rubber strap that was supposed to hold the regulator in your mouth? Seems everyone threw that strap away.

OK, it was a rubber strap type of arrangement rather than
a necklace. Necklace is an item of jewelry, point made and
valid. Whether or not they threw them away is not the
issue; they existed.

FFMDiver:
This month's issue of Diving Magazine refers to a tech diver's 2nd stage necklace as a being called a "suicide strap." Now why would they say this? :06:
I just read this article this afternoon. Roadales has been sending me a free subscription for years now.

The "suicide strap" reference was odd to say the least. I've never heard anyone call it that before and it seems biased. The author also stated that the pressure gauge should be off the right post and that the left post should have a backup inflator on it. Taking into account the information found in the authors past articles, I am not suprised by the content of this months article.

Remember, friends don't let friends read Roadales.

ElectricZombie:
I just read this article this afternoon. Roadales has been sending me a free subscription for years now.

The "suicide strap" reference was odd to say the least. I've never heard anyone call it that before and it seems biased. The author also stated that the pressure gauge should be off the right post and that the left post should have a backup inflator on it. Taking into account the information found in the authors past articles, I am not suprised by the content of this months article.

Remember, friends don't let friends read Roadales.

why don't they just stick with covering split fins reviews...

VTernovski:
why don't they just stick with covering split fins reviews...
I can't wait for the "Nitrox Snorkel" torture test article next month!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom