Need a beach report.....Phi Phi Island Village Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Susie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone report in on the beach quality in front of Phi Phi Island Village Resort? I was under the impression that is was one of the "perfect" beaches (white sand, blue water etc). I recently was informed that when the tide goes out (for long perionds of time) there is nothing but sand flats in front of the resort. And no real swimming possibilities except the pool...which looks fabulous! We are a group of 10 divers going there for vacation but it's nice to be able to enjoy the beach/ocean during the after noon. Can any report in on this? I sure would be appreciative!
Thanks
Susie

Hi there...
You are in luck...I work on Phi Phi, for Hippo Divers, after reading your post, I think that you would be better staying on this island ton sai bay..my reasons for this are simply, that for a white sandy beach, a relaxed area, yet close enough to have some form of evening entertainment, you would be better off staying on this side at long beach...The prices are considerably different aswell..By staying at phi phi village resort, you are looking at paying 3, 300 baht to dive local sites, ie the Bida Islands and Phi Phi lei..By staying this side you will pay 2, 200 and it only takes 30- 40 mins maximum of travel time to dive sites.
Meaning..your day will start at 08:45, and you will be back in Phi Phi at 14:00.
2, 200 is the maximum you will pay here on the island, as there is a price agreement on the island. This price includes All equipment, 2 dives, Lunch, and a Guide. We take you all to Maya Bay (where they filmed the beach)at lunch time. If you all have your own equipment, you are looking at 1,500 for the 2 dives inc everything else that I have just quoted.
I hope this is some help to you, if you really want to stay on the village resort I will say that you will end up paying a lot more money, than you need to be paying, and here on phi phi you have the white beaches, the crystal clear waters, great snorkelling sites, and the luxourious hotels, bungalows..
The cheapest you will pay on the phi phi village iland for a superior bungalow (single) is 5, 700..alternatively you can have a suite on this side in the Phi Phi Hotel between 2, 000 and 3, 000...
I hope this information helps you, please feel free to contact me, or pm me, and if you want any help with booking Dives, or Hotels then let me know. Natalie

Hi Susie,

Just got back from 2 weeks in Thailand, last 3 nights were at PPIV. You are right that the beach in front of PPIV is shallow and not ideal for swimming. At low tide the water's only a few inches deep, and I never saw it any higher than waist deep. Of course, the shallow water is what gives it that beautiful blue green color. The pool is really lovely, and where we did most of our swimming. We did snorkel in front of the hotel, but there really wasn't much to see.

Haven't recovered from jet lag to do a trip report yet - but have got my topside pictures up - head to the last pages to see pics of PPIV. If you look hard, you may see the tractor that loads people/gear onto the boats that can't get to shore because its low tide.

http://community.webshots.com/album/549368664kOeLTP/0

Natalie,
I am very interested in learning more about more resort options on Phi Phi. I was looking for a resort that was a little posh with a great beach for swimming/snorkeling. Night life is good but not necessary. We want to do a all inclusive kinda thing...meals/lodging/diving so we don't have to worry about where to eat every night.
Trying to avoid the crowds too! The North side of the island looked pretty good to me but I want a good beach. Any suggestions????
Thanks a million
Susie

Indeed, thank you Batfish. I am now looking at the other 2 resorts on the North End of the island. Any suggestions?
Susie

Hey...
You only really have Holiday Inn Phi Phi Island, and theres the Natural resort, for a posh trip then stay with the phi phi village, but I do reccomend getting long tails and heading over to mokito and bamboo islands, the beaches over there are fantastic!!
When are you guys coming? I will be here until the end of this month..

Hey Raya,
I wish I was coming soon. Unfortunately with my job, I have to plan a whole year in advance. Won't hit Thailand until March of 2007! Boohoooooo! But really appreciate all the advise from the boards! I am looking at the Holiday Inn. Looks pretty nice, with a good beach and kinda isolated. Hopefully they have a dive operation too. My group and I will be spending the first part of our holdiay up in Chiang Mai doing the touring, elephant riding/mountain bike riding/bamboo rafting and definitely massage and shopping kinda thing! We were hoping for a laid back diving/snorkeling/exploring Viking Cave/Monkey Beach kinda thing at the end of our holiday in Phi Phi. We kinda bring the party with us...the advantages of traveling with your best friends!
Maybe you will be around next year and we could share a drink or something.
Thanks all and keep the suggestions/advise coming!!!!
Susie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom