need a good shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DS1

Contributor
Reaction score
ive been diving the canestoga for the past 4 weekends so i think i need a new place but i dont know where could some on tell me a very good shore dive ?? in the prescott/brockville/kingston/1000 island area

and also is the powerhouse accessible from shore

THANKS

there's actually quite a few really good shore dives in this area.

the rockport wall, the kingshorn, the museum drydock in kingston are three that come to mind immediately.

I'm more familiar with the prince edward county area, but there's lots around!

Well you've discovered the Connie, and as mentioned there is the Rothsay and the Rockport wall.

Have you tried lock 21 or lock 28?

I believe Brockville has a couple of shore dives... perhaps a local can direct you to them.

The powerhouse is not accessible from shore (if you're talking about the Milles Roches) -- requires a charter.

Also in the Ottawa area, is a great drift dive at Morrisburg, and a couple of shore dives along the Ottawa River near Arnprior.

Well there's the quarry too.

DS1 once bubbled...
how do i get to the rockport wall ??

THANKS

Rockport is in the Thousand Islands... you can take the 401 to the 1000 islands parkway and Rockport is one of several small towns... east of Ivy Lee (another wall) and west of Mallorytown Landing. The wall -- the part that's dove most often -- is just west (upstream) of the "downtown" core...

Take care

Hi DSI,
I would just like to add that you might want to try diving a new site with someone that has dove it before. At a minimum get as much information about the site and possible hazzards before you dive it.

I might even suggest that if you know when you want to go to a dive site that you post it here on the board and someone that has dove the site would more than likely meet up with you.

There is nothing better than a guided tour. That way you don't miss anything.

I agree with Bubble Boy...some dives including the Rockport wall dive should be one that you do with someone that has dove it before that is for sure.

As to Brockville shore dives, I will be diving in front of the Brodckville Rowing Club either Sunday or Monday ( I live here ). We have a nice little underwater park with a wrecked ferry barge that we are slowly trying to extract from undernearth the sand, have guide ropes laid out around the area and some other interesting things to look at. If you need someone to dive with, feel free to pm me and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers, Taz!

what temp is the water in the thousand islands/ kingston area?
i've heard it warms faster than the lake

i live in rochester and am just waking up from hibernation
the lake is 43F on the surface here

i will be tuning up at seneca lake tomorrow(only 1/12 hour drive as opposed to 3 to kingston).

can't wait to get up the your neck of the woods

dt

dtdiver once bubbled...
what temp is the water in the thousand islands/ kingston area?
i've heard it warms faster than the lake

i live in rochester and am just waking up from hibernation
the lake is 43F on the surface here

i will be tuning up at seneca lake tomorrow(only 1/12 hour drive as opposed to 3 to kingston).

can't wait to get up the your neck of the woods

dt

dove today with a max depth of 42Ft and the temp was a toasty 46F

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom