Need a new 109(?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If he is talking the inside of the air barrel:

(1) I would not recommend anything that is "sticky".
(2) I know the springs are likely strong enough, but I also wouldn't want that material in the air flow path.

Polish the barrel inside, and dive on!

Flush well post dive.

Now, if we are discussing the threads, yeah, a light coating won't hurt.

YMMV[/

how about re-chroming the whole thing? Inside and out.

can't imagine the cost is justifiable...

Well maybe if it had sentimental value, I think a while back I got a quote it was like $200 Canadian. Yikes

Thank you! Now I have something to do with my beater conshelfs. And I say this sincerely. They now can have a home! Another one of those things so obvious I didn’t think of it. I are a dork.
Another fun one is plasti-dip on the outside... I did that to a double-hose for my youngest and 3d printed a blue faceplate for a 109 for him (but plasti-dip on a scuffed faceplate would have done just as well). Someday when he's older, I'll get that double-hose re-chromed and perfect to give him as a gift (when he's an adult and can appreciate it!).

1) Yes, I’m talking about inside the air barrel. It’s hard to get a good picture. It’s not shiny, it’s brown. Yes the reg still works, but it’s not as smooth as my other regs.

2) I thought about re-chrome. I might get a quote. I’m sure it’s not cheap but it’s probably cheaper than buying a brand new chrome Scubapro.

3) If you want to buy this reg, send me a PM. I can send you more pics.

how about re-chroming the whole thing? Inside and out.
The interior (threads, etc.) was not chrome-plated.
I recently purchased a new 109+MK5, never been in water. The interior of the barrell is shiny brass colour (like gold)...

I have two 109s and a G250, All except this one have a shiny, smooth internal air barrel. This one is the only one that constantly leaves brown ‘stuff’ on the end of a q-tip. It’s also the one that’s been acting a little different for awhile now, despite cleans and upgrades. I’d take pics but I just assembled a new rig last night and don’t feel like taking it apart again.

I don’t know if there are different versions made? Here’s a cutaway pic from Vintage Double Hose. It shows the inside of the barrel is a silver color, not a brass/bronze/brown color.

Attachments

• C9574514-7413-4C6F-87E8-72EB4ACE2D70.jpeg
    C9574514-7413-4C6F-87E8-72EB4ACE2D70.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 45
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom