Need actual location in Venice, Fl for shark teeth hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfauvel

Reaction score
Brother in law is coming to town and he wanted to go shark tooth hunting offshore.

All of the dive charters around are full, and I have a boat that could take him out.

the best location I have so far is 1/4 - 1 mile offshore just north of Sharkey's....anybody have lat/longs for good spots?

Thanks

Chris

You don't need a boat to dive for shark's teeth there. I think most of us that dive down there do it form the shore. Do a search of Alhambra and there should be directions to the site we use.

is that street name or what and search where? on the interent?

search for

Alhambra Venice Shark Teeth

?

Thanks

Chris

They do shore dives alot, but it would be fun for them for a short boat ride.

Have you ever found a big momma tooth? or the little ones like we find on shore by Sharkey's?

Hey Chris,
At this site it is a good stretch of beach that is just south of the Main Public Venice Beach and north of Sharkey's. I don't know as a fact but would think that you could do both if your boat is capable of anchoring near the shore.

You get to the site from Harbor Blvd. which is the road to Sharkey's. Alhambra St. I believe is the 5th street on the right heading south from Venice Ave.

PM me if you need clarification on these directions.

Also when do you plan on going? I maybe able to join you.

Wildbill:cop:

thanks for the help and pointers to other threads.

we'll be there Saturday morning...somewhere between 9:30 and 10:00

Where is the best place to parK? I don't want to get towed away.

I was sending you a PM with that info while you were posting here.

Don't think I'll make it Saturday.

ReefGuy....Where are you, we got a newby that wants to go to Venice on weekends.....

Teeth you have........

Nice Meg Tooth Dave.

Seeing the size of most Megs it's hard to imagine the size mouth those once fit in, let alone the size shark that mouth fit in.

I'm going to be doing the alhambra site on Sunday, unfortunately, I already have plans for saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom