Need advice for diving with sealions/seals in southern australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver257a: Ok then Kangaroo Island doesn't sound like what i'm looking for. I'm rather looking for diving at a sea lion colony and getting good interaction with hopefully several sea lions. Regarding Hopkins Island and Baird Bay. How easy are they accessible if taking into consideration that i fly in from overseas?$

If you want to go to Port Lincoln, you can travel there & back either by air (takes about 30 to 45 minutes) or bus (takes about 8 hours).

If you are interested in Baird Bay, you should email the business (i.e. Baird Bay, Sea Lion and Dolphin Swim, Eyre peninsular, South Australia) offering the tours to ask about the best way to get there. There is a bus service between Adelaide & Ceduna - the business may be able to collect you from one of the set-down/pick up points in one of the nearby towns. Alternatively, the business may be able to organise for you to be picked up from Port Lincoln - from memory, this is a nice scenic drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom