Need Advice on NEX-5n setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Things duct tape will fix...

Just received today from UPS - two UltraPower UXDS-1 (used) from a scuba board member. The two arms are rigid, but I have what I think is small locline from my other UW kit.

Importing into Canada hurts big-time though.

All the video guys who shoot solas (or almost all) use the 3/4 inch locline arms for their lights and that's how the video housing guys set them up. An S2000 strobe works fine on locline as well, but REAL men only use hard segment arms (ULCS or similar) for strobes. Don't know why. On my wife's 2 x 1200 lights for video we were concerned about an arm disassembling UW and watching a $800 light sink to the bottom so I rigged up an internal bronze wire (fishing leader) attached to the light and the fitting that goes on the housing so if the arm disconnects under water the light won't swim away.
Bill

I know that bigger always seems better but you may want to check the spec's.

Ikelite DS161 has a guide number of 24 surface, $950.00 needs $80.00 fiber optic adapter to work with F.O. cords. $175.00 replacement battery pack V. four AA batteries.

Inon Z-240 guide number 24 surface, about $799.00

Sea & Sea YS-110a guide number 22 surface, $699.00

All guide numbers, ISO 100 meters.

Phil Rudin
And I thought we were talking about YS01 vs. S 2000.
Bill

Thank god I am a real woman then and can use locline

Made me :lol:

Versus un-real or non-real?

For the newb (me) here - and the benefit or the lurkers - a locline setup for UW light & strobe.

My setup doesn't have any locline yet - those tiny plastic arms that end in ball joints, crimped between two plastic plates that you screw together. The locline route is way better.

video.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom