Need Advice: on where should I attach my SMB&Spool - to my new Zeagle Ranger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaronad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I thought I'll attach my SMB&spool - to my left/right lower D ring of my Ranger....
But I'm not sure if it is the right way ...looks like "too loose"on diving
On the other end you have to have "quick access " if necessary

please advise? ( thx in advance ! )

I'm New to "Zeagle Ranger"....really love it.
The "right Bc" by all means:cool2:

I carry my 6' SMB and a finger spool in one of these EZ Mount Pouch for Signal Tube by Zeagle. Slide in SMB then the spool and close the bungie cord closure. I carry mine across the bottom of my SS Back Plate or on the side of my Ranger between the bladder and the BC with the opening pointing down. I use Quick Links or Zeagle's Quick Link with strap, Vintage Double Hose has a really good deal on them right now, $5.00.

if it is just an SMB with no spool many just clip it to a D ring on the waist band with a bolt snap and let it hang.

I carry my 6' SMB and a finger spool in one of these EZ Mount Pouch for Signal Tube by Zeagle. Slide in SMB then the spool and close the bungie cord closure. I carry mine across the bottom of my SS Back Plate or on the side of my Ranger between the bladder and the BC with the opening pointing down. I use Quick Links or Zeagle's Quick Link with strap, Vintage Double Hose has a really good deal on them right now, $5.00.

if it is just an SMB with no spool many just clip it to a D ring on the waist band with a bolt snap and let it hang.

Yes I know about the EZ Mount Pouch of Zeagle. probably I will buy it in the future
looking for cool Ideas meanwhile....
I have the complete set SMD+Spool+the bolt snap

I've tried to clip it to the right lower D ring. and I'm not happy about it being loose

thx

I have seen people attach it to a backplate with a couple loops of bungee....so if you could figure out where to mount a couple loops of bungee on the ranger that could work.

I have seen people attach it to a backplate with a couple loops of bungee....so if you could figure out where to mount a couple loops of bungee on the ranger that could work.

Ok.....but how it can be reached there....when it is needed?
is it practical usable in this way?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom