Need advice on where to dive!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nando52

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going on a cruise in late April. There are four ports of call, but I can only dive at two of them. Which would be your two choices? Thanks for the help.

Eric - NJ

Aruba
Curacao
Dominica
St. Thomas

Check for prices and operations on line. The best dive site can be spoiled by a bad dive operator.
What's more important is about which two to dive is what interests you, if it's just getting wet... dive all four. But you also have to consider any flight restrictions.
I hear the wreck dives in Aruba are world class.

i've dived all of them but Aruba. I would rank them as follows: 1. Dominica. 2. Curacao. 3. St. Thomas. Dominica and St. Thomas both have decent diving within site of the cruise ship pier. If you are looking for easy decent diving I would pick those two. Hope this helps. I go to Aruba in April and will let you know how that works out!

I hear that diving in Dominica is amazing. The reefs are supposed to be in great shape.

If you happen to dive in Aruba, you should probably dive the Antilla, which is a huge WWII wreck, that lies in only 60 feet of water.

I would recommend Dive Dominica as the operator for Dominica. I have been diving with them twice and found them to be very safe and provide excellent customer service. They are located at Castle Comfort Lodge but service clients not staying at the Lodge. I can't recommend any operation for Curacao since I have not been there; however, my dive buddy went for a week and thought the diving was really good.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom