Need advise on EPL 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mlove

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need advise to get my Olympus E-PL 1 set up for underwater photography.
I purchased this camera last year with the intentions of using it for diving, but never got around to acquiring the housing and strobe. I am planning to purchase the PT-EP01 E-PL1 housing, but I am having problems with what to do about the strobe. I understand that the 2 strobes I have will not work with this camera. I would appreciate any suggestions that are in the reasonable priced range. I would also appreciate any advice on any other accessories I would need.

Need advise to get my Olympus E-PL 1 set up for underwater photography.
I purchased this camera last year with the intentions of using it for diving, but never got around to acquiring the housing and strobe. I am planning to purchase the PT-EP01 E-PL1 housing, but I am having problems with what to do about the strobe. I understand that the 2 strobes I have will not work with this camera. I would appreciate any suggestions that are in the reasonable priced range. I would also appreciate any advice on any other accessories I would need.
Which strobes do you have????

I did not put that in because as I understand it, I need a synced strobe via a fiber optic cable not a slaved strobe. They are a DS50 and Fantasia Nano.sp?

You should be able to use the Nano with the fiber optic kit but you will not have TTL with this flash. You can use it in manual mode with the camera using the zero preflash mode on the flash.

The sea and sea ys-01 strobe works great with this setup

Back
Top Bottom