Need advise on used tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto on the internal coatings. At best they take about a week of tumbling to remove and it may not be worth the effort unless the tank is otherwise in good condition.

The good news is that if the tank has had a recent hydro and VIP, the coating has probably long since blisterd and been removed. If it has not been hydro'd since the 80's it could be a problem.

Well, the guy who has the tanks had something come up yesterday, so my husband and I are going to go look at them tomorrow. Thanks for all the help everyone has given. I asked the guy when they were last hydro'd and he said that they were done in 1995. That seems to me like a long time not to have them serviced, is it?

8 yrs is not an overly long time for an inactive diver to have tanks sitting around since the last hydro. If the tanks have not gotten any water in them and have air remaining in them, they should be fine. I'd get real nervous if they have been stored empty for any lenght of time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom