Need apartment in La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimdiverman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in San Diego on business for the next 6 months (starting in March). I am looking for an apartment in La Jolla, if possible. Does anyone know of a nice apartment in the area with parking? I don't know the area very well, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

Apartments are had to come by in La Jolla. Where will you be working?. Pacific Beach or the Golden Triangle might be a better bet.

La Jolla ! You better be ready to throw down some serious coin for a place in La Jolla. If you want a cheaper place just look for a place in Ocean Beach for a decent price near the beach and deal with the hippies.

iggy

I am working all over San Diego. Where I live is not that critical as far as a morning commute. It is a short term assignment. I care more about location for my off time than travel during the commutes. I would be willing to take something smaller for the convenience of being close to the ocean so I can dive more. If not La Jolla, then where can I live and dive in close proximity to the ocean near San Diego, with the reasonable expectation of not being mugged or robbed on a regular basis?

Thanks.

As others have mentioned: La Jolla can be quite expensive. It is, however; close to some of the best beach diving in the USA. I have lived in La Jolla several times. I had easy beach access from my apt. and a great small offshore reef that was rarely dived.

Wind N' sea Beach, Bird Rock, La Jolla Cove, La Jolla Shores, all offer great beach diving.

Google up The San Diego Union newspaper current edition and that may help.
San Diego Rentals -- Leading source for rental properties throughout San Diego County | houses, condos, apartments and townhomes for rent; beach and seasonal rentals; commercial property | SD Homes by SignOnSanDiego.com

As dbbishop posted the Golden Triangle or Pacific Beach would be more economical.

Ocean Beach has a lower cost, just requires a drive to your dive sites. I don't believe you will be mugged or robbed in OB, maybe stoned :)

If your company is paying, opp in for La Jolla.

Ocean Beach is safe, just a beach community. You wont get mugged, but as the other guy mentioned you will get Stoned as its pretty much a hippie community.

good luck in San Diego.....its a great city. be sure to hit up wreck alley off mission beach.....its a boat dive

Tons of apartments/condos in UTC/La Jolla Colony area. Not worth the extra money to be that close to the beach. Look at craiglist for condo's a few miles inland from La Jolla. You can close you car door and be at on V-street in 10-15 minutes from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom