Need Cenote Dive Info Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QueenAngel

Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like a lot of you have dived the Cenotes. This year will be my 3rd in Coz and I would like to see the some of the Cenotes. Could any and all of you share your experiences and suggestions regarding which dive op to use when seeing the cenotes...which ways are the best to get there and how long to expect the journey to be. Any other info will be really appreciated. Thanks guys!
QA :rainbow:

Queen. Please try using Cenote in the search function under Mexico. You will find many discussions pertaining to Ops as well as sites. Can't wait to dive them myself next May. Good Luck.

Just got back from PDC and did a cenote dive at Dos Ojos. It was our first cenote dive and was a fantastic experience. The water is unbelieveably clear and the underwater formations were magnificent! I can't speak to the other cenotes, but Dos Ojos was awesome.

If you are in Playa Del Carmen, we used Sealife divers www.sealifedivers.com - they have great prices and a great staff. They really seemed passionate about their diving.

We used Aqua Tech in Akumal. www.cenotes.com They are one of the first group to map the caves and cenotes in the Mayan Riviera. They also had the best prices around. We dove Dos Ojos, the Bat Cave and the Taj. Excellent company and excellent dive masters.

Vickie

Vickie In Vegas once bubbled...
We used Aqua Tech in Akumal. www.cenotes.com They are one of the first group to map the caves and cenotes in the Mayan Riviera. They also had the best prices around. We dove Dos Ojos, the Bat Cave and the Taj. Excellent company and excellent dive masters.

Vickie

I too highly reccomend Aqua Tech. They picked up us in Playa, and provided us with two guided dives, snacks, lunch and transportation for $250 CAD... probably less with the higher exchange rate that we now have.

A dive trip to the Cancun/Cozumel/Rivera May region without spending a day at the cenotes is incomplete in my opinion.

BTW, if possible, schedule your day at the cenotes at the end of the trip... this way, the salt water will be thoroughly rinsed away :)

Have fun!!

K.

i dove with scuba playa. they had the cheapest prices for all of there dives, and we dove in a large group with all of the other dive shops. I think we used tank ha instructors, and dove the same place as tank ha students, but payed less. It was located in Playa del Carmen, or Carmen del Playa i don't remember the order it was in. it is a small shack of a dive shop, but very friendly. We dove with one of there guides while diving Tortuga reef, and Baracuda reef, he was a great guy that showed us a lot of really great stuff, he even took us on this amazing private island, during our surface interval

Good luck have fun
Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom