Need Feedback for Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BAMA6977

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, have done the research for finding first liveaboard for me. Will be going as single diver, wife does not dive. Planning on last week of May. Trying to keep price within reason, don't need lot of luxury, don't want cattle boat and want relax/dive/have fun. Looking at Lost Island Voyage in the Bahamas. Can't seem to find many current reports. Seems to be step above Blackbeards. Opinions/Recommendations??

Going by myself

have not done one yet myself but have heard great things about aquacat. personally would be looking at aquacat or blackbeards. Aquacat would be by first choice with money being a factor for me :). but leaning to aquacat anyway. curious as to what you do and waiting your feedback!

If the non-diving spouse were going I would have suggested the Aquacat.

Since you are solo - I would go on the best deal on either the Explorer boat in the Turks and Cacois or the Peter Hughes boat in Belize.
The Caymans schedule for the Aggressor boat is excellent but it is also more expensive than the others. So I would only suggest it as a follow up trip.

I've done both Blackbeard and Aquacat. Both have great diving. Blackbeard is camping on the water and Aquacat is so far from camping on the water :D. If non-diving spouse is going, I suggest Aquacat as the topside crew will keep her entertained while you are blowing your bubbles. Blackbeard is not for everyone but if you have an adventous spirit, it is a lot of fun!!!

OK, have done the research for finding first liveaboard for me. Will be going as single diver, wife does not dive. Planning on last week of May. Trying to keep price within reason, don't need lot of luxury, don't want cattle boat and want relax/dive/have fun. Looking at Lost Island Voyage in the Bahamas. Can't seem to find many current reports. Seems to be step above Blackbeards. Opinions/Recommendations??

two things that strike me...

If you are in Florida, why go to Bahamas? Diving and fishlife are going to be very similar. Go someplace a little farther away.

If you are going alone, and it is your FIRST liveaboard experience, don't go cheap. If you hate it you will probably never do another liveaboard. Spend a few bucks more for a better experience. I think you should look at either of the boats (PH or Aggressor) in Belize or Aggressor boat in Caymans or T&C.

Aggressor Fleet | The Ultimate in LiveAboards since 1984

Looks like there are spots available that week: https://www.aggressor.com/onlineres/search_results.php

robin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom