Need Genesis Tank info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

somewhereinla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just saw a 100HP steel Genesis tank at sport chalet for $299 which I think is a pretty good price. They didn't know any specifics about the tank (in the typical sport chalet diving staff fashion) execpt that the brand is Genesis made in Japan, the K valve is Genesis as well made in Europe.

Anyone dive with this Tank? Could you give me the weight of the tank empty and buoyancy characteristics?

Thank you.

Those are the Asahi SPUN tanks. Not very well regarded, although yes, they are cheap. Crazy heavy, and have a nasty tendency to fail hydro due to rust issues internally, and the external coating is not as good as that used by Worthington or Faber.

Lots of threads on them here if you do a quick search, now that you know what to search for.

It depends on how old the tank is as well. Norris made Genesis tanks a few years back as well and their buoyancy characteristics are better than the newer tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom