Need Help for Cancun Diving Itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eastsider88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would appreciate anyone's recommendation here on which dive sites to visit.

I'm planning for a 2 and potentially 3 days of diving in the Cancun area. I've being to Cozumel before and while i know it's much better, i'm not keen on the long travel time via ferry, etc.

I've looked at videos of Cenotes diving and would prefer ocean diving.

Can anyone recommend which sites to go for days of diving? I would be willing to go for 3 or even 4 tank diving a day to get it all in. I've read mostly negative reviews of Cancun diving. Would cosider other places: I've heard of Morelos, etc along a site with Bull Sharks. but don't know how good it is. Anything with marine life...

I'll be staying within the Hotel Zone.

Will probably sign up with Scorpio Divers (Ben Mooney)

Thanks all!

If you go with Ben, you need not worry about what sites to hit. He will not take you to crappy sites. I would discuss ideas with him on what you would like to do, and he and Jorge can set it up. You will not be disappointed. And if you are not too tired after all that diving, get them to take you down to La Playitas by the bull ring (doesn't look like much but the food is good and a LOT less expensive than the hotel zone and Pescaditos (I think this is where we went). Also, La Parilla is a nice restaurant downtown.

Do the bull sharks! You'll have a great time and that is what diving is all about...:D

When are you going?

I am staying next week South of Cancun, diving with www.diveinpuertomorales.com
I have never dived with them, so if you are going there later this month, I will send you some info.

The cenotes are great diving, however, you need to get to the Tulum area, which is farther South of Cancun.

I dove with Ben and Jorge and they're awesome! Highly recommended for anyone headed to that area. See the video of the bull shark dive here:

YouTube - Awesome Encounters with Bull Sharks!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG0vOjEs31g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG0vOjEs31g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I am going to Cancun on January 29th and hopefully linking up with these Scorpio guys too... They have been very helpful with accommodating my interests into an itinerary! Let me know how your dives go!

Got a quick question. Went to Coz last year and was completely spoiled by drift diving. Thinking of going to mainland this year maybe around Playa del Carmen. Do you have the same current diving from the mainland? LOVE DRIFTING!!!!!!!

Yep. The most work I do when in Cancun is when I dive the cenotes. All the rest is just floating along with the current over the reefs. The mainland gets a bad rap about diving. It doesn't have the topography changes that Coz has, but more marine life.

Depending on where you are going, shoot and email over to Ben@scorpiodivers.com. Great op, very small and personalized. Scorpio Divers // Scuba Diving // Diving the way it should be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom