Need help identify tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 99.99% sure it is an LP108. To the best of my knowledge, Faber did not print the cylinder size on the neck, up until the FX (3442psi) series.

1220 8.02 2400 46.8 dot 3aa / tc3aam
dot 3aa: W.p.2640 psi (including 10% overfilling) tc3aam,w.p. 184 bar

SparticleBrane:
I'm 99.99% sure it is an LP108.

That's great to hear!

I bought it off of ebay. The owner said that it was hydro'd in '06 and only used a couple of times. I pick it up in a hour....after work. Thanks again for all the great help.

fabertank.jpg

Hmm....looks like it might be an OMS version of a Faber cylinder (due to the grey paint).

Rut Roh!!!....is this that 00.01% we're talking about....:D

Is OMS good or bad?...or better yet....what is OMS?

Rut Roh!!!....is this that 00.01% we're talking about....:D

Is OMS good or bad?...or better yet....what is OMS?

Ocean Management Systems. They just sold Faber cylinders under their own name with different colour paint. Still the same Faber's. And it does look like a 108. I used to own a set of double OMS/Faber 108's.

Jim

Picked up the tank after work. Looks to be in great shape. Last VIP was Oct 06. Can't quite make out the hydro, but my guess is that they haven't been re-hydro'd from new in '04. Best measurement I can make with the boot is that the tank is just under 27" which according to the chart posted earlier makes it a LP108....That's just what I wanted.

I ended up also buying a set of AL80's from the same seller, which are also in just as good condition and the same age. The AL80's were full to ~3000psi and the Faber has ~1500psi.

The Faber cost me $136 and the AL80's were $125 for the pair.....$261 for all three tanks. I think I did OK.

Sounds like you got a good deal.

A good deal?!
"Made out like a bandit" would be my response...:shocked2:

Picked up the tank after work. Looks to be in great shape. Last VIP was Oct 06. Can't quite make out the hydro, but my guess is that they haven't been re-hydro'd from new in '04. Best measurement I can make with the boot is that the tank is just under 27" which according to the chart posted earlier makes it a LP108....That's just what I wanted.

I ended up also buying a set of AL80's from the same seller, which are also in just as good condition and the same age. The AL80's were full to ~3000psi and the Faber has ~1500psi.

The Faber cost me $136 and the AL80's were $125 for the pair.....$261 for all three tanks. I think I did OK.

Were they all in hydro? If so you did great. I bought 3 al 80's and an old steel 72 for $190 a while ago, but they all had to be hydro'd and VIP'd.

Back
Top Bottom