Need help: looking for quality basic J-tube snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vbpro

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My father's snorkel broke after 10 years of use. He tried modern snorkels (dry, semi-dry, slanted, bulging top, etc.) but he doesn't like them.
He just wants a quality, basic, straight, J-tube snorkel, with soft comfortable mouthpiece that stay in place, just like his old snorkel which was made in Italy by TechniSub (I have a picture but don't know how to post it in this message).

However, I can't seem to find them, or not looking in the right place. If you know where to purchase such snorkel, would you please let me know. I live in America, and will have to ship it to my Dad in Asia.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks Imla.

Below is the image of my Dad's snorkel. Is there a reason why the modern snorkel is no longer just straight up like before? I imagine it must be better, but don't know how to explain it to my Dad.

907r.png

I have exactly what you are looking for. The Edge Stealth 2 snorkel. Less than 20 bucks (14.99 actually). It will fit in a large padded envelope via usps for 5.70 postage. I have four in stock I believe. It's what I now use when I do use one. Nothing fancy, nice bore, comfortable mouthpiece, light, and comes in black only. Check out my photo gallery on my webpage for picture.
Pm me for an exact quote. If you like I will ship to your dad in asia. No problem.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

There are a number of companies that you can purchase snorkels from that will ship for you. We carry a number of snorkels and have free shipping on orders over $29 to help you save some money.

Timely thread...lost my snorkel of 30+ years a few weeks ago (kelp pulled it off). The Riffe looks like a good replacement, but...

One feature mine had were moldable bite tabs---the kind you heat in boiling water and chomp on to get an impression of your teeth. Does anyone make such a thing anymore?

Just received the Riffe snorkel and am un-impressed: small bore and the bend section and mouth piece are flimsy. I suppose it's this way to make it more flexible. I would never have bought it at a store but will dive with it, since it's in my hands, and see how it goes.

I'm surprised it's so hard to find a simple decent snorkel.

I have been looking for a back-up to my Dacor snorkel. The snorkels that I have seen are small bore, and/or have a restrictor on the end (why ?), and of course that ridiculous purge valve - would you buy a mask with a purge valve ? And I hate those stupid purge valves - while playing in the pool with a newer snorkel I hit the bottom with the purge.

Back
Top Bottom