Need help on dc 1400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellmoundal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just set up my new DC 1400 and have tested it out on land. I have set the camera to "A Ext Flash" but my camera still flashes internally and my stobe does not flash. When I turn on the test it works but not when the shutter is pushed.
Is the small wire from the Stobe to the camera lens area supposed to be connected to anything? All I have read in the instructions is to have it clipped to the camera adapter.
I have new batteries in the Stobe. What am I doing wrong?

How do you have that "small wire" "clipped to the camera adapter"? That small wire is the optical cord that triggers your external strobe when the camera's flash is fired. If it is not attached properly, your external strobe will not fire.

It came assembled with the camera package. I took the adapter off and it is clipped in the adapter and clipped it to the left side opposite the Strobe. It is not connected to anything at the end of the wire opposite the strobe. I have read the instructions but I can't find where the wire is to be attached near the strobe. Is it supposed to be just sitting in the adapter to the top opposite the sStrobe?

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Thank you for your suggestion. I just called Dennis at SeaLife Technical Support and he walked me through the adapter set up. The problem was the wire was not in the grove that makes the wire stay up to face the Strobe. Simple fix so I know now if it happens again what I should do.:)

Back
Top Bottom