Need Help On My Assignment - P.S. Charter to Simi-Deep Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My trimix instructor gave me an assignment. I'm to find some wrecks to dive in the 110' - 150' range located in Puget Sound, and a charter to take us there.

The only wreck I know of at that depth is the Diamond Knot, but that's way out there off of Salt Creek (although possibly doable), and I don't know who runs there.

Any other suggestions?

Yeah ... talk to Mark over at Fifth Dimension ... and Mike at Porthole Charters. Between the two of them I'll bet they can point you in the right direction ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Rick Inman:
My trimix instructor gave me an assignment. I'm to find some wrecks to dive in the 110' - 150' range located in Puget Sound, and a charter to take us there.

The only wreck I know of at that depth is the Diamond Knot, but that's way out there off of Salt Creek (although possibly doable), and I don't know who runs there.

Any other suggestions?
There are a bunch on the chart in the Port Angeles area (I'm not sure about the exact depth though). I've always wondered about these, but since I've never heard of people diving them, maybe they're just garbage piles or something.

swankenstein:
There are a bunch on the chart in the Port Angeles area (I'm not sure about the exact depth though). I've always wondered about these, but since I've never heard of people diving them, maybe they're just garbage piles or something.
The one I know of, the Diamond Knot, is said by some to be the best wreck dive in Puget Sound.

Here's a link: http://www.seaotter.com/marine/html/knot.html

Northwest Dive News had an article on that wreck this month. The depths were from 70 to 140ft. From what it sounded like, the Dimond Knot would be an excellent dive, depending on the vis. To my knowledge, wrecks are sparse in the seattle area, the best are in the Vancouver area.

Jeff=Dive:
Northwest Dive News had an article on that wreck this month. The depths were from 70 to 140ft. From what it sounded like, the Dimond Knot would be an excellent dive, depending on the vis. To my knowledge, wrecks are sparse in the seattle area, the best are in the Vancouver area.
There are tons of wrecks in Puget Sound ... but they're real wrecks. Many are too deep for recreational divers, and most are dangerous for the inexperienced wreck diver to penetrate.

What you have in Vancouver Island aren't wrecks ... they're artificial reefs, intentionally put there, and prepared for divers before they were sunk.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug:
Are you doing a wreck class in conjunction with your trimix class?
(In other words, why do you need a wreck?)
Naw. No penetration. He's one of those New Jersey wreck divers, and he thinks a nice wreck dive would be an exciting reward for me (I think). A place to drop straight down on something that's at my new training depths, look around for the planned time and then do a line deco.

I don't need a wreck. I think he misses them, though, and I aim to please. :D

Then do the Diamond Knot ... Porthole and Bandito both make trips up there. In fact, let me know if that's what you decide to do. I'll put some mix in my doubles and join you ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom