Need help on where to stay in Cozumel in Feb.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DenverDiverErin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

My husband's family and I have been coming to Coz to dive for many years. Since I've been with them, we've stayed at Suites Bahia many times and at IslaMar Villas a couple of times. We are FINALLY coming back to Coz Feb. 18-28, and are having trouble deciding where to stay. I would have preferred IslaMar Villas again (Love that place!), but all their villas are booked for that time (I'm guessing it's because of Carnaval, which we were actually trying to avoid, but this was when my husband could get his vacation time.) I'd love to stay somewhere with a pool, since I may not be diving this trip, due to health issues (but we'll have 3 divers with among us). Since we'll have divers too, we would like a place with storage for dive gear (like lockers or something similar).

We need 2 bedrooms (or 2 separate rooms, if it's a hotel). We dive with Dive Paradise, so a place with/near a pickup for their boats would be good. NO all-inclusive (we like eating in town for dinner), but if it's a resort with a European plan, that's ok. Need to stay in town/close to downtown, since we'll be eating meals at those restaurants. We can rent a car, but would prefer to be walking distance from downtown.

We'd like someplace quiet (don't want a party outside our door all night). Also, we prefer a place with a fridge in the room (to keep foods for lunch and breakfast), and some form of internet access.

If anyone can suggest a place that they think might be good, I'd really appreciate your help!!!

Thanks very much!

-Erin (looking forward to getting out of Iowa in the winter!)

Hotel Cozumel and Resort is the base for Dive Paradise and would probably be the most logical choice considering what you said are your requirements.

Be advised that both are close to the park where the party will likely go all night on a few nights of Carnaval. No in room fridge at Hotel Cozumel but you can rent one from them for $10 per day. Blue Angel is another option but it's a bit longer walk to the downtown core.

Cozumel Palace has a European plan and the loft rooms on the first floor have two separate sleeping areas. The pool at the Palace is heated, that will be nice in late February.

Thanks everyone! We've booked at El Cantil, and I think it's going to be just what we're looking for. A little more expensive, but you've gotta splurge every once in awhile!

Thanks!!

Darn. Another visitor that will fall in love with El Cantil and choose not to stay anywhere else... :(.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom