Need Help with getting dry glove onto ring.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what system this is but it has to be the worst system ever created for glove replacement. It consists of the glove, the glove ring that attaches to the suit and an o-ring to attach the glove to the ring. Your supposed to be able to put the o-ring inside of the glove and roll the edge of the glove over the ring then stretch them both onto the ring; its hard enough to just get the o-ring onto the ring without the glove, been two hours of swearing and have made no progress. If i wasn't an idiot and took them off to try to get another few mm in length out of them i would have said this is humanly impossible.

Ill post pictures in the next day or so but if anyone is familiar with the system, any tips?

I use a small plastic clamp once I get the glove started, making it easier than trying to hold it while I work my way around the ring.
_dsc0959-jpg.451729.jpg

_dsc0962-jpg.451732.jpg

I just had this exact same problem setting up my new Ultima dryglove system and was about to give up and pay someone at the dive shop to do it for me.... Fortunately I figured it out.

What ended up working in the end was mounting just the glove O-rings on the plastic glove rings, and leaving them there for about 24 hours. It was *much* easier to put the gloves on after that step. I think the O-rings arrive quite tight and benefit from being pre-stretched. Be careful not to damage or gouge the O-rings or glove rings when removing them-- I used the little plastic tool to lever under them which worked well.

After rolling the glove over the O-ring I gave it a few vigorous stretches too right before mounting it on the plastic ring. Then I worked it around from one side. If you have someone else hold one side of the glove on, and you work on moving the other edge around, you can use your extra hand to pull from above and you'll have more leverage.

Good luck!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom