Need help with Scubapro Galileo Luna Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fieldzy0

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok this is what I have Scubapro Galileo Luna Dive Computer and the problem is when I first turn tank open it reads the pressure in tank so I let everything sit and get the rest of my dive stuff ready. Then before I get into water I will turn computer back on but it will not read the pressure in the tank until I get to three feet under water?? I don't know if im missing a setting but I cant figure out why its doing this, shouldn't this computer give me my air pressure everytime i turn it on outside the water??

Last edited:
I also have a Galileo Luna, have had it for about 2 years now, and mine does the same thing. The first few times it did this I thought something was really wrong. My LDS has told me that this is normal.
Have you tried taking several breathes, 3 to 6, from the regulator? Most of the time this will make the computer start showing the tank pressure again.
I'm interested in what the SCUBAPRO folks will say.

I didn't think of that but my Aeris Elite T3 Computer shows tank pressure all the time in water and out of water, why in the world would scubapro design a company to do that. Think they should fix the software and have an update to fix this problem.

This is by design. Here is a note from page 15 of the manual:
To maximize the life of the battery, the transmitter turns itself off when there is no pressure change for more than 40 seconds. It also turns itself off when the pressure is 14bar/200p or less.

Thanks for the reference i did not know that, i wonder if there is some way to turn off the feature because i like to know what my tank pressure is at before i go into the water. Maybe a scubapro rep. could help out with this?

I have never noticed this. I always take a couple of breaths from the reg and give the BCD a shot of air before I stand up with my gear on. I check my analog guage, turn on the computer and it is already reading my tank pressure so I am able to crosscheck the two readings before getting wet.

I doubt if it is user selectable because it is in the transmitter circuit board.

There is no way to change this feature. The Luna will give you the initial pressure as you pressurize the tank. It will then shut down, since it does not detect any pressure changes from the tank. If you purge your regulator a couple of times, then the transmitter will again relay the new pressure reading. Yes, it's absolutely annoying but a manageable situation. You should see a series of Plus signs to indicate that the wrist unit is in proper communication with the tank transmitter.

You might want to get a back up SPG. However, if you went to the Luna to streamline yourself even more, then the additional SPG defeats the benefits of the transmitter.

I find it takes a minute or two after I turn my Sol on before I get a pressure reading. I guess it has to do some electronic hand shaking. That's one reason it's handy to have a backup analog gauge on the other port.

When there is no gas transfer, the transmitter will turn off tosave the battery and will turn on again once gas is being transferred. Thenumbers show up after a couple-three breaths.

This is a terrible software flaw, everyone that has bought one has brought it back saying it is broken or hates this feature. Why would you be worried about a $3 battery, no other hoseless computer works like this. My aeris t3 worked for 4 years before I had to change the batteries and it wasn't a $1200 computer. If I knew this is how the computer worked I would have never bought this. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but when divers turn their computers back on they want to know how much air they have without messing around with how many breathes to do. If this is how all scuba pros new computers work I will NEVER buy there products again. I thinks scuba pro should have another update on their website fixing this software issue.

Back
Top Bottom