Need help with SeaLife strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grover48

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a SeaLife SL1200 camera and strobe. I bought it from the LDS. I had some problems with the camera and strobe combination so it was sent in to SeaLife to be checked out. The shop had the camera and strobe back for some time before they called me to tell me it had been repaired by SeaLife. They had been busy since the shop had sold and the new owners were taking over. When I picked up my camera and strobe, the adapter for the strobe did not fit the camera. I thought this was strange but since it had been several weeks and the shop owners had changed, I questioned them if this was my strobe. The said to leave it and they would research it. I picked the strobe up later and it fit the camera.

I have always used eneloop rechargeable batteries in my strobe. It is always stored without batteries in it. I am getting ready to leave for 3 weeks diving in Mexico in Cozumel and Akumal. I got out my strobe, which hasn't been used since last year in November and put fresh charged batteries in it. The red light came on, but the strobe would not fire. I cleaned the contacts to no avail. The battery voltage reads 1.61. I tried to clean the contact springs inside the strobe and white powder came out. Now the red light will not even come on and I can not hear the capacitor charging. I suspect this powder is from a battery that has leaked. I have never used alkaline batteries in my strobe. I suspect this strobe I received from the shop is not mine, but since the owners have changed, it is a moot point.

My question is, Can this be fixed or do I just have to buy a new strobe? I am pressed for time as I leave on Oct 11 for Mexico. Would there be time for you to see if it can be repaired and then returned?

---------- Post Merged at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Thank you for you prompt response via email. I now have an RMA and the strobe is being shipped in for repairs!

Kudos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom