Need help with Turbo hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Am interested in a buddy's viking Pro1000 with the turbo hood. I have been getting conflicting reports from him and others as to how to trim the new (inner/main) neck seal. Some say trim it and then peel it down (like a neoprene seal), others say you should be able to simply put your head through and into the face seal part. Should the inner seal be able to be pulled through the face seal part?

Any info would be greatly appreciated....also can these hoods be used with a conventional scuba mask, or must you use a full face piece?

Tricks in donning/doffing also?

Thanks

Jack Meihoff:
Am interested in a buddy's viking Pro1000 with the turbo hood. I have been getting conflicting reports from him and others as to how to trim the new (inner/main) neck seal. Some say trim it and then peel it down (like a neoprene seal), others say you should be able to simply put your head through and into the face seal part. Should the inner seal be able to be pulled through the face seal part?

Any info would be greatly appreciated....also can these hoods be used with a conventional scuba mask, or must you use a full face piece?

Tricks in donning/doffing also?

Thanks
Don't roll it. Trim it so it is a "Little" tight as it will streach out a little. You can pull the neck seal through the face opening. Any mask will work just fine. They seal better and easier than most neoprene hoods.

Make sure you lube the seals good with whatever you use. Reach in through the face opening and grab the neck seal. Spread it open enough to assist your head in passing through. Watch your finger nails around the seal.

Also, did you get the little house on the prairie cap with it?

Gary D.

Wow..thanks for the quick reply!..I didn't get the little cap with it but I have a similar one that I'm hoping will work (almost similar to a wool hat). All my training roots have been in PSD, that's why I'm leaning towards this suit to replace my aging hender"sponge" neoprene drysuit for recreational use. I'm just a bit concerned about this turbo hood for recreational purposes, I've been wrestling with it for some time now and have just managed to get myself frustrated and a few shades of purple.

I'm assuming you are referring to talcum powder or baby powder to "lube the suit"...correct? Also what are your feelings for this using this suit with the turbo hood for recreational use? I was also thinking of trying to find a used AGAII to use with the suit (recreationally also) to be a bit more compatable to the hood.

As you see this turbo hood for recreational purposes is scaring me a bit....am I over-reacting? :06:

Jack Meihoff:
Wow..thanks for the quick reply!..I didn't get the little cap with it but I have a similar one that I'm hoping will work (almost similar to a wool hat). All my training roots have been in PSD, that's why I'm leaning towards this suit to replace my aging hender"sponge" neoprene drysuit for recreational use. I'm just a bit concerned about this turbo hood for recreational purposes, I've been wrestling with it for some time now and have just managed to get myself frustrated and a few shades of purple.

I'm assuming you are referring to talcum powder or baby powder to "lube the suit"...correct? Also what are your feelings for this using this suit with the turbo hood for recreational use? I was also thinking of trying to find a used AGAII to use with the suit (recreationally also) to be a bit more compatable to the hood.

As you see this turbo hood for recreational purposes is scaring me a bit....am I over-reacting? :06:
I am a firm beleaver in diving the same as much as possible. If it works for you enjoy it for work and play.

Make sure it is good and dry then use Plain talcum without any scent or addatives.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom