Need help with wing size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SRV2007

New
Reaction score
Can someone give me their opinion on the correct lift for a DSS doubles wing...

I have just doubled some steel LP85's. With a stainless backplate and singles wing, I require approximately 5 to 7 lbs. in fresh water with a 5 mm wetsuit. I have not yet purchased a drysuit, but plan to do so soon. So, whichever doubles wing I get, I want to take into account that I could be wearing a drysuit with the rig very soon. I will probably buy the DUI TLS-350, for what it's worth..so maybe someone out there knows how buoyant this drysuit is. Also, and I do not carry a canister light, so no need to calculate the weight of that. If more info. is needed, please let me know. Thanks for any help.

Can someone give me their opinion on the correct lift for a DSS doubles wing...

I have just doubled some steel LP85's. With a stainless backplate and singles wing, I require approximately 5 to 7 lbs. in fresh water with a 5 mm wetsuit. I have not yet purchased a drysuit, but plan to do so soon. So, whichever doubles wing I get, I want to take into account that I could be wearing a drysuit with the rig very soon. I will probably buy the DUI TLS-350, for what it's worth..so maybe someone out there knows how buoyant this drysuit is. Also, and I do not carry a canister light, so no need to calculate the weight of that. If more info. is needed, please let me know. Thanks for any help.

To determine the required wing capacity I need to know two things, the tanks used and the buoyancy of your exposure suit.

You have specified the tanks, LP85's, that's great.

The problem is you want this wing to be sized for a drysuit and undergarment that you don't yet have, and can't tell me how buoyant it will be.

My advice is to wait on the wing until you get the drysuit, and determine how buoyant it is.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom