Need Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WeldonDowd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just obtained Scubapro's MK16 married to an S550 second stage. I need to get an octo for this reg set. Wanting to spend $100 or less, I am thinking about getting the Hog second stage. If I go this route would you use the Hog for the primary over the S550?

Any other octo ideas are welcomed as well. Should I just get a Scubapro octo so its easier to service?

Ever think about getting an Air 2 or SS1? They replace the inflator on your BC. They inflate/deflate your BC and in the event that you need to share air, you give the person in need your primary and you breathe off the BC inflator. It gets rid of one hose and is quite nice.

You have a couple of ways to go, the Hog route is certainly an option. Which you use as a primary is mostly a matter of personal preference, both will do nicely so the real choice is which you like better. Another option is to pick up a used octo, either locally or off ebay. Regs like the SP R190 or a Sherwood Brutes can be found fairly inexpensively from time to time, they are simple to service and dependable. Service is somewhat of an issue, Hogs dealers are not that common so service may be a little more difficult so having all your regs the same brand or at least the same brands as your LDS sells can be helpful.

You have a couple of ways to go, the Hog route is certainly an option. Which you use as a primary is mostly a matter of personal preference, both will do nicely so the real choice is which you like better. Another option is to pick up a used octo, either locally or off ebay. Regs like the SP R190 or a Sherwood Brutes can be found fairly inexpensively from time to time, they are simple to service and dependable. Service is somewhat of an issue, Hogs dealers are not that common so service may be a little more difficult so having all your regs the same brand or at least the same brands as your LDS sells can be helpful.

Scubapro octo is low price for the safety and reliable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom