Need Opinions On Brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both are a good choice. One thing to consider though is where do you go diving & can you get it serviced in that location. I only dive with APEX regs, but living in Thailand I have to send my regs away if I want a certified Apex shop to service them. Can be a bit of a pain to be without them for a month or so if I am looking ofr a quick turn around.

The only complication is that the ST! is a fairly new product. Other than that Sherwood has a stellar reputation for reliability and access to service worldwide. From all reports the SR1 brings Sherwood's breathing performance into the major leagues. That being said Any Sherwood except the Brut is a perfectly solid warm water regulator with the Blizzard and Maximus good for colder water as well.recreational diver.

You certainly will not go wrong with the Aqualung product but service options will be slightly fewer. Given you options I'd let your bank account choose and get the Sherwood.

If $$ are a consideration and you really don't see yourself heading north or technical the Oasis would be a perfectly adequate performer. My wife and I dive a stable of Oasis and Blizzards and are happy campers. Do remember that getting below 60 feet in most quarries even at this time of the year puts you into cold water. If that's a possibility then go Blizzard / Maximus or SR1. A lot of fuss is made about the breathing performance of the Sherwood legacy models and while there are models out there with finner performance they are still comfortably within the needs of the

Pete

I only dive with APEX regs, but living in Thailand I have to send my regs away if I want a certified Apex shop to service them. Can be a bit of a pain to be without them for a month or so if I am looking ofr a quick turn around.

Probably time to switch to Scubapro then... :p

Seriously though, send your Apeks to One Stop Dive Centre in Krabi - Dave can have the reg(s) serviced within a few days.

SCUBA diving and snorkelling equipment and products

Last edited:
My take:

If you want to buy an Atomic regulator for $479, look to Leisurepro. Oh, wait; they are calling that regulator the Sherwood SR1.

So, if diving to 300 feet and need air to be jammed straight down the throat, get the SR1. If diving in water that shrinks the privates, you know when it's really cold, get a Maximus.

Aqualung is OK but the Sherwood is entirely made in the USA. Next time a recall is issued you will know the difference.

Well this is what I have decided to do after LONGGG thought. I am renting the Legend LX this weekend to do a couple fresh water spring dives. Then going to a friend of mines sherwood sr1 on sunday to test it as well.

WE SHALL SEEEE!!!

Thanksssss guys!

Well this is what I have decided to do after LONGGG thought. I am renting the Legend LX this weekend to do a couple fresh water spring dives. Then going to a friend of mines sherwood sr1 on sunday to test it as well.

WE SHALL SEEEE!!!

Thanksssss guys!

Thats a good idea,one other brand you should really look at is Scubapro
The ScubaPro MK17/G250V would be the equal to your SR1 and Legend LX
Any where you go you are going to be able to get Aqualung and ScubaPro serviced.
The MK 17 Is great for under the ice or in the West I:Dndies

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom