need orbitz code and a van service cun-playa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vlkr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
getting started late on planning my may trip this year. need both orbitz code and a reliable van service cun-playa.
last year i used travel one to get $100 discount. still the code?
tried mayair last year. turns out that at 6 ft 5in i am a skosh large for their seats. back to the ferry for me.

You can actually google for the code, or that's how I find it: From Orbitz Promotion & Promo Code Specials | Travel Coupons & Codes TRAVEL100

You have to have 7 nights at the hotel, so if you want to fly into CUN but stay on Cozumel, you might need to call Orbitz for help - but I often have to anyway. Free call, usually helpful agents - or try again. Ph 800-649-9920 24/7

Don is correct about the telephone call to Orbitz. Last December I flew into Cancun but stayed in Cozumel and the first two people I spoke to at Orbitz told me that I could not use the discount code if I did that. I asked to speak to a supervisor who said it was no problem and set it up for us. You have to book both the flight and hotel through Orbitz to use the code.
We used the ADO bus to get to Playa from the airport but used a taxi from the ferry back to the airport. When we got off the ferry we used one of the bicycle/baggage drivers to take our bags to the bus and as we were walking beside it we were approached by taxi drivers who told us what they would charge to take us to the airport. I was not planning on using a taxi but when one driver said the right price I took it. I think it was $40. US. What I was told was that taxi drivers have to pay a hefty fee to pick up passengers at the airport but do not have to pay the fee to drop them off so the fare back to the airport from Playa can be less than the fare from the airport.

getting started late on planning my may trip this year. need both orbitz code and a reliable van service cun-playa.
last year i used travel one to get $100 discount. still the code?
tried mayair last year. turns out that at 6 ft 5in i am a skosh large for their seats. back to the ferry for me.
We usually take the ADO bus if its just two of us (couple). If ya have more than four people, I've used these guys a couple of times before with absolutely no problems:
Airport Transfers - Cancun Valet
$65 for your own van for up to ten people and baggage in a big air-conditioned van. Reservations done via the web to keep costs down.
I recommend to use the rickshaw guys if you have lots of luggage what ever way you go. I give them a buck a bag to or from the ferry pier to get to the bus or the van. The van drops you by where the taxi's pick up and drop off in Playa just up the road (and hill) from the ferry pier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom