Need PDC hotel recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I’m getting all the “why are you going?”

I’ve missed celebrating Christmas with my peeps at home the last two years I’ve been in FL at Christmas. So I go to MX late Nov/early Dec, get a week of diving in, and I get to celebrate Christmas at home.

I think you’re going to enjoy late November or Dec better than the summer 😀

I think you’re going to enjoy late November or Dec better than the summer 😀

Haha! No sh*t, Sherlock! 🤣

Since I’m getting all the “why are you going?”

I’ve missed celebrating Christmas with my peeps at home the last two years I’ve been in FL at Christmas. So I go to MX late Nov/early Dec, get a week of diving in, and I get to celebrate Christmas at home.
Wise to book now. I waited last year, and all that was available was the week from Christmas to New Year's, and the airlines (and car rental) gouged all they could.

Wise to book now. I waited last year, and all that was available was the week from Christmas to New Year's, and the airlines (and car rental) gouged all they could.

I don’t plan stuff like this last minute. Already have early December set up with dive guide/instructor and just applied for Global Entry.

Yes, I swore I’d never go back to MX after doing full cave in August, but due to a variety of reasons, I’m considering going back for a trip in November/December.
Pretty soon you'll be sneaking in a reef dive or two! :)

I don’t plan stuff like this last minute. Already have early December set up with dive guide/instructor and just applied for Global Entry.
Just did Gobal Entry. We got conditional approval in a couple days. No scheduled enrollment interviews available in the region currently.

We made a GE run to Cayman so we could do "Enrollment On Arrival" on the way back. (Well, it tipped the scales :wink:)

My recommendation is to be sure that you have a LONG layover at your US Arrival location if you don't have a direct flight, and be sure that arrival falls well within the EOA operating hours at that location & terminal. We spent a lovely 1.5 hours in the problem-passenger CPB waiting room before we had our 5min/pp enrollment interview/picture session.

Just did Gobal Entry. We got conditional approval in a couple days. No scheduled enrollment interviews available in the region currently.

We made a GE run to Cayman so we could do "Enrollment On Arrival" on the way back. (Well, it tipped the scales :wink:)

My recommendation is to be sure that you have a LONG layover at your US Arrival location if you don't have a direct flight, and be sure that arrival falls well within the EOA operating hours at that location & terminal. We spent a lovely 1.5 hours in the problem-passenger CPB waiting room before we had our 5min/pp enrollment interview/picture session.

What’s stupid is I’m already in CBP’s system, fingerprints and all. I was in the first group of customs broker license applicants they used the GE system for background check instead of FBI doing it, but that was 10 years ago.

If I can’t get an appt in the region before I go, I’ll just go without it. I’m not making a trip elsewhere just to get GE.

I have a friend who got interrogated interviewed for it when the program just got started. We just confirmed our address, and got our fingerprints & pictures taken. Hopefully, the renewal in 5 years is just online ...

And Feds have my Pic and Prints from other BG check too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom