Need quick help with Oly SP350 and Inon D2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheryll1

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a regular lurker on here and am always jealous that so many of you can dive so often. I'm having some problems figuring out my how the D2000 should be used with the SP350 and am hoping you can help me.

We're off to Grand Cayman and Little Cayman tomorrow morning. I got an Olympus SP-350 with an Inon D-2000 last summer that I've not been able to spend much time playing with before now. I've set up My Modes for Wide Angle, Macro, Existing Light, etc., so that part is ready to go. What I'm still having problems figuring out is what settings I should use on the D2000 when using the SP 350 with these modes. I've searched for answers but am not having much luck.

First of all, I'm using the AD Mount with the fiber optic cable. Should I have the strobe set at STTL or STTL low with the EV on B? Or should I be using the external with the setting the same as the aperture setting on the camera. Should I have the magnet in? Should I shoot with or without the diffuser?

Thanks in advance

Hope this isn't too late, but here's the product page for your D2000:

INON America - Product Catalog

There is a very informative Acrobat pdf page illustrating the use of your strobe.

It looks as though you should use the external setting with the optical cable and set the strobe to match your aperture. This is a starting point, then you can tune the flash power to your subject with the intermediate settings.

Use manual settings with your camera; set your mode to macro; set your camera strobe to slave and to it's lowest setting to conserve battery energy; set your ISO to 100 to start, alter this setting as needed (eg: lower ISO for reduced exposure and a higher ISO if your image is underexposed); set your aperture to ƒ5.6 to ƒ7.0; take a couple of photos at depth, adjusting the shutter speed to obtain a pleasing background color; Change your strobe power settings to properly expose your subject.

Whatever you do, try to change only one thing at a time. Cathy Church is down that way, check in with her about a lesson or two.

Bon voyage.

Thanks for the reply. I was having a hard time figuring out wether or not I should do the STTL or what you described. What you said confirmed what I already thought. I appreciate your help.

Cheryll

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom