Need recommendation for PM dive on cruise visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tominabox1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We get into Roatan at 10AM so probably too late to catch early trips but we're there until 6pm.

Any recommendations? I'm a relative novice but don't want a "beginner" dive. I saw the post about Mary's place - may look into that one. Any other suggestions?

If you're a novice diver they won't take you to Mary;s Place. You're an unknown entity to them so won't do anything very advanced as they have no time within a cruise window to evaluate your skill level.

Try one of the West End shops. Some do a single 1PM dive. Some to ask - Coconut Tree Divers, West End Divers, Reef Gliders - maybe Bananarama in West Bay - the resort is cruise friendly - an excursion uses their beach.

From the cruise port (either one) figure 30 minutes by cab. The dive is around an hour and the ride as short as 10mins or up to about 30 depending on where they go.

Cabs wait at the entrance to the West End and I believe that's a $25 ride back to the cruise port. I would assume there's a taxi spot in West Bay also.

Plenty of place for lunch in the West End also - all the shps, food,bars are within about 1/2 mile on the main road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom