Need Safety Keeper for Oceanic Versa Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Either this hasn't come up before, or - I'm not as good as I think with the SEARCH function here...?

Anyone know where I can get something that will keep me from losing my Versa Pro if the band comes loose...? :icosm12:
:icosm10:
(I guess I could wear a small mesh bag around my hand, huh?)

thanks, don

DandyDon:
Either this hasn't come up before, or - I'm not as good as I think with the SEARCH function here...?

Anyone know where I can get something that will keep me from losing my Versa Pro if the band comes loose...? :icosm12:
:icosm10:
(I guess I could wear a small mesh bag around my hand, huh?)

thanks, don

Don,

I have a Vytec, what I did was use a standard wrist lanyard. I put a hole in the band on one side and fed the lanyard through it and back onto itself. If either of the pins on the computer breaks the lanyard will keep the computer from falling. It's simple, cheap and easy.

Scott

Thanks Scott! :luxhello: I'd thought of something along those lines, and it's good to hear it works. (Lots of my thoughts don't. :voskl1: )

don

Looked at my wrist mount Versa Pro today, and there's already a place to run the lanyard - where the water activation sensors are, as long as I don't touch the sensors or prevent water from reaching them.

Think I may even run a cable tie thru there, then tighten it up on the lanyard. Maybe a yellow lanyard to go with my blue and yellow Power Ranger color theme. The newbies will be impressed, huh?

Mostly, I won't lose a $300 computer!

thanks again, don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom