Need some advice for a quick dive while in Ambergris during 2 hectic days!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi...
I am diving with ADM April 13...in the a.m. For two tank dive.

Then with rest of the group at 2 pm, we're doing holchan snorkel, shark petting...

In shark alley, the rays I noticed in YouTube are sting rays...is it safe petting rays I mean they're poisonous stings right? Yet they seen docile everyone's near them petting etc as they feed.
Thx

one more....Is Dan insurance advisable in belize? .. for a 2 tank dive off of ambergris? I am with PADI btw......
Thx!

You never need insurance until you really need it! We have the mid-level DAN insurance - it's good for a year - and we take travel insurance on our trips.

one more....Is Dan insurance advisable in belize? .. for a 2 tank dive off of ambergris? I am with PADI btw......Thx!

You might be interested in reading the page below about Gary McNabb, a former dive shop owner who let his DAN insurance lapse. He died as a result of a diving accident and the costs of his care and evacuation left a huge burden for his family. This is just a coincidence - because accidents can happen anywhere at anytime - but he was hurt while diving off of Ambergris Caye.

Click here to support Gary McNabb Family Support Fund by Barbara Brower

I would have DAN insurance even if I were going to do only one dive in a given year.

Which never happens but should be a good indication of how important it is to me.

I always get the most expensive. If you're in a situation where you need it, you're really going to need it and medical expenses can skyrocket. The cost of the premium has always been and hopefully will always be money well wasted. Knock on wood.

AD
Amigos Del Mar ADM should accommodate your request...email them.

ADM took care of us very well. In the boat there were mostly experienced Mexican divers from Mexico city ...One of them said he'd email me pics that he took underwater . Only 2 Americans incl me were beginners! Because of that they added another DM and we all had a good time. We dove the finger canyons to up to 95 ft. Saw lots of life incl sharks ( nurse, carrib reef shark), eels, etc etc.

Amigos Del Mar is a class dive shop !
Thanks all.

Last edited:
Glad to hear this,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom