Need some dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kentmorrdave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking for a few dive buddies the week of Carnaval. Cant imagine why but our boat needs a few more divers to make the trips worth while. LP steel 120's, snacks, fruit, shore intervals at Palancar beach, jackets, towels and you get to be on the best dive boat around! (IMHO) message me for details and website. Valet service with your gear
fishkiss.jpg

Many people aren't going to know off the top of their heads when the week of Carnival is. You might want to add that detail (I THINK Carnival on Cozumel is the week of February 4 but I'm not sure).

Based on your description (and reading some tea leaves) I believe you are talking about the same dive op I am scheduled to go diving with from 2/16 - 2/22 (I think that's the week after Carnival, if my calculations are right).

Is your dive op saying that unless they get more divers signed up for the days you are going, they won't be taking you out (or just that they are looking to fill a couple more slots on the boat some days)?

Last edited:
Looking for a few dive buddies the week of Carnaval. Cant imagine why but our boat needs a few more divers to make the trips worth while. LP steel 120's, snacks, fruit, shore intervals at Palancar beach, jackets, towels and you get to be on the best dive boat around! (IMHO) message me for details and website.
Bullroar! Name the Op if you want interest. I hope you get a discount for doing their advertising here.

The last time I was in Coz, I booked a week of dive with Tres Pelicanos, and one day I had a private boat - me, the DM, and the skipper, no extra charge. If they'd told me, I wouldn't have minded skipping one day, but maybe it was a last minute development?

I book with Ops that promise trips, not those who make me find a group for them. I appreciate that taking me alone was costly and wouldn't mind skipping one day, but filling the boats is not my job.

Bullroar! Name the Op if you want interest. I hope you get a discount for doing their advertising here.

The last time I was in Coz, I booked a week of dive with Tres Pelicanos, and one day I had a private boat - me, the DM, and the skipper, no extra charge. If they'd told me, I wouldn't have minded skipping one day, but maybe it was a last minute development?

I book with Ops that promise trips, not those who make me find a group for them. I appreciate that taking me alone was costly and wouldn't mind skipping one day, but filling the boats is not my job.

My wife and I dive in the afternoons and only in the afternoons. Not all that unusual for just the two of us on the boat diving with Blue Magic.

Don, you are way out of bounds. You probably would want a discount. I just happen to like my dive op for what he has done for me for over 10 years and thought I might find a few dive buddies. It's what friends do. I'm here for an extended time each winter and can miss a day now and then. You are out of line

Last edited:
First parade is this Saturday, Feb. 10th, last parade is Tuesday the 13th

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Christi.
Do you know if the little festival space with booths and the stage (on the south edge of town, not far from the big store) will still be happening on the 15th, or will that all be gone by then?

We wandered through there last year and it was fun. I'd enjoying catching the end of things next week if it's still going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom