Need some help on ladyhawk BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bestshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys,
I have a Ladyhawk BC I bought my wife last year. I need some help on the Super Cinch Tank Strap on it. I dont believe it is the right one or an older model. It really appears to be weird on how it is installed. The end that you velcro actually velcroes underneath closer to the tank rather than on top where you can pull it to tighten it. I have tried to refeed it through the bc and if I do the buckle is the wrong way. The only way I see to fix this is to twist it and that isnt right. So does any one have a photo of a Ladyhawk that works right or know where to get a new strap at.
thanks strap.jpg

The velcro is supposed to be underneath, to adjust the cam band you have to take it off the tank. It is a real pain to adjust for different diameter tanks. However, if she uses just one type of tank normally, once it is set, you can forget about it,,, they are VERY secure mechansims!

According to the scubapro website with the instruction manual it shows the Velcro on outside ... Labeled T

I can't positively make out your picture, but perhaps the buckle clamp is in backwards. On my ladyhawk when looking at the bcd from the back with the belt threaded, the buckle is on the right handside and is very close to the tank rest. On the left side the tank band/strap is more fully played out with the soft Velcro on top of the band and the teeth part of the velcro folding back on the soft fuzzy Velcro which is what helps to hold the strap in place. The side of the band that will rest against the tank doesn't have Velcro on it.

Hope this helps but if not head over to the lds. They can probably sort it out in a matter of minutes.

The problem I have is when you attach it to the tank the Velcro strap should be able to be pulled to adjust it ... With this setup for some reason the part you pull is on the tank and not on the outside .. Look on the right side of the picture.. That portion should be on the bottom..I have tried switching sides it does not make any difference ..literraly to make it work I'd have to cut it in half and flip one side or twist it in the middle if that will help picture this .

mine is underneath

Underneath what? Maybe we are hung up on description and what words mean to each of us.

Bestshot I'm not following you. The band is threaded through the plate. On the right side of the plate is the heavier vlamp On the left side of the plate the band is longer, with no Velcro whether soft or toothy on the side of the band thst will rest again the tank. Assuming there was a tank in place, then the longer end of the band wraps over the tank and the slim metal part of the clamp mechanism is placed into the big clamp latch and locked down. That leaves the portion of the band that folds back on itself that has the teeth part of the velcro to lay down stretched and tight onto the soft fuzzy Velcro which will be facing you on the outward side of the band/strap.

---------- Post added February 10th, 2013 at 07:18 PM ----------

I looked again Bestshot and near as I can tell the heavy hinged clamp is threaded wrong. It's backwards or upside down.

Hi Guys,
I have a Ladyhawk BC I bought my wife last year. I need some help on the Super Cinch Tank Strap on it. I dont believe it is the right one or an older model. It really appears to be weird on how it is installed. The end that you velcro actually velcroes underneath closer to the tank rather than on top where you can pull it to tighten it. I have tried to refeed it through the bc and if I do the buckle is the wrong way. The only way I see to fix this is to twist it and that isnt right. So does any one have a photo of a Ladyhawk that works right or know where to get a new strap at.
thanksView attachment 147079

Here is a photo of my wife's Ladyhawk:

IMG_0327.jpg

I pulled the velcro back so that you could see how it is oriented. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Last edited:
By underneath I mean mine is like the OP's description - "The end that you velcro actually velcros underneath closer to the tank rather than on top where you can pull it to tighten it." It doesn't look like the picture in the previous post. Other SP straps we have had were the same. All older, maybe they have changed it.

I do like the velcro being "underneath." Yes, it's a pain in the neck to adjust, but there's no way it is going anyplace. I've seen too many straps with the velcro on the outside, where the velcro wears and the end of the strap doesn't really stay attached, gets caught on something and pops the buckle open, and I've reattached a few UW for people. It would be harder to pop a SP buckle open than many others, but still.

I'm not the one with the problem but I just can't seem to understand what is meant by "Velcro underneath". Underneath what? Velcro being made up of two parts, the fuzzy on one side and the separate part that has teeth. So yeah, scratching my head here, what is the velcro underneath?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom