Need Some Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

e1harris

New
Reaction score
Hello my name is Eric. This is my 1st post on the forum.

It's official! I have paid off all my debt. I am a fully unattached human being that wants to make a life change.

Last week it came to me in a dream. So I've been researching on a way to make it happen.

A little background.... I am a certified PADI Open Water Diver, but I couldn't possibly tell you the last time I dived. It has been at least 8-9 years. So let’s just say I have little to no experience.

My dream was to move somewhere tropical, and become a Diving Instructor.

So I guess my question is this. Where could I go that would be the most efficient way to become a Divemaster, and then start working on becoming an Instructor? I understand it could take quite some time to fully get your foot in the door, but where should I go to look for doors to start jamming my foot in after I get more training and experience.

I found some information on Subway Water Sports in Roatan, and their Divemaster Internship program. Is it worth it? Are there other places out there that do the same thing? Are there places to go to like this to get more experience "on the job"?

So long story short I'm just looking for Ideas as to the most efficient way for a beginner to become more experienced while attaining the needed certifications to get his foot in the door with a diving operation somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom