Need to git a fix.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAsharkDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone interested in taking a newly Coloradian diving at Chatfield or Beer Creek sometime SOON?

Just moved from Boston and need to get my head in some water.

Pete

I am not sure how I missed this thread. Welcome to CO, Pete!! I have Saturday morning free. It may sound odd but I have not done Chatfield yet. I have a class scheduled there in July. Aurora is a little better diving at this point but I am flexible.

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.... Saturday sounds good as of now (10:07am on Wednesday).... I am starting a new job at the Downtown Aquarium and MIGHT be starting on Friday.. will find out later today. If I don't start on Friday, I would very much enjoy going on a dive with you..... Doesn't have to be Chatfield, anywhere local will do.... my truck is still limping from the drive from Massachusetts.

Thanks again,
Pete

The family divers(4 of us) have shown some interest in Chatfield for Saturday morning. Give me one more day to firm up. 8:00 A.M. OK ?

I'm going to be working at Chatfield this weekend. If you guys come, please introduce yourselves! I want to meet more of you guys.

PF :14:

I have to start my new job tomorrow so I can't make Chatfield on Saturday unless it is after 4pm..... looks like I will be one of those Wed / Thursday, mid-week divers - or night diver!!!

Any takers for later Saturday or Wed / Thurs next week?

Pete

Grr. I may have to go rent a suit and tanks for the 4th of July weekend. You guys are making me want to go diving. Don't know if the ball & chain will let me though.

Pete, what are you going to be doing out there at the aquarium?

PF, what are the conditions at Chatfield these days? I'd like to come by and give you some ---- just for fun, but I have to work Saturday. :(

Just a part-time "exhibit interperter" at the ray touch-tank. I was a diver at the New England Aquarium in Boston and needed to get my head into a salt-air environment!:D

MAsharkDiver:
I have to start my new job tomorrow so I can't make Chatfield on Saturday unless it is after 4pm..... looks like I will be one of those Wed / Thursday, mid-week divers - or night diver!!!

Any takers for later Saturday or Wed / Thurs next week?

Pete

MAsharkDiver
I got your PM. I wish I could do Saturday after you get off work, except I already have plans. I think Thursday after work would work.

PipeFish,

What classes do you have going on Saturday? Would you believe my drysuit still has not come in? Maybe I should charge interest on my money :D

Charlieo,
I can make 8:00 A.M. Saturday. I have not dived Chatfield yet. I think it would be a good idea before I take the search and recovery class in July there. Anyway, let me know if you can go.

Dan

Wijbrandus -
Chatfield is at it's best right now. Soon the algae bloom will start and vis will deteriorate.... Water temp is 70 degrees and vis is currently 8-10 feet. Weekends are typically not good days to dive Chat because of all the dive shops out there doing training.... vis suffers for some reason....
As for giving me ----... Buddy, give it your best shot! Heh, heh, heh...

Ddavies -
We're doing open water this weekend and I'm sure other shops will be doing the same. I wouldn't be surprised if the dog people don't come out too (newfies and water dog training), as well as the triatheletes... Bottom line is if you want to experience Chatfield under optimal conditions, don't do it on a weekend (great people watching though :wink: ).

You have any ETA on the drysuit? The manufacturer must have hit a chord with consumers on that front zip - sounds like they are really backed up.

PF:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom