Need to rent a High End Camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtivat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I will be working on a Video shoot in the Florida area this Feb. and need to rent a high quality under water video camera. Some of the footage will be out of the water and use Sony DXC-D50WS 's with Beta Cam backs so I would like something that will match there quality. We could also use DVcam or mini DV if the camera had the ability to put the higher quality version on the mini DV loads as runtimes do not need to be very long. Also max depths will be 30' and most the footage should be in the 5' to 10' range.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
JT

Another possible option is Bexel.com, not sure if they do UW gear but they do high end broadcast equipment rentals. They have offices in Miami and Orlando and if they don't handle UW gear they should have contacts that do.

I rent out the Sony Z1U in a gates housing. available complete with lights and monitor

bring me on the boat as ballast and you can use my XL1 in a gates housing - NORMAL a n d W/A lens! - i live in tampa, so anywhere in florida is close!

Thanks for the info guys, I have rented from Bexel but am not sure if they have UW stuff I will check. I have an XL1 but wanted a larger camera not so much for quality but stability, is this as big an issue underwater as above?

yea..... size DOES matter.... i'm no expert by any means, but my "BIG" XL1 is much more stable underwater than my "LITTLE" PC100 / GATES BAJA rig.

but.... i'm not sure if there IS a bigger rig than the XL1 / GATES combo... that thing is freakin' huge!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom