Suggestions Please - Upgrading from a GoPro11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB001

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

Hopeing I can get some suggestions/feedback from this forum...

I really enjoy filming and editing underwater video (predominantly wreck and cave diving, but also open water environments).

I have very good big blue video lights and I am currently using gopro11 for my filming.

I am trying to work out if its worth upgrading to a better camera. There is so much information out there that it can easily become confusing.

Given I film underwater I really appreciate the stabilisation capabilities of the gopro, so any upgrade I need to factor this in.

At present, options that have been suggested to me are as follows:

• Sony a6600
  • Blackmagic 4k
  • Canon R6 II
  • Panasonic S1H (for more expensive option)
I use canon 80d as my primary camera on land so I am familiar with canon functionality. As far as the Panasonic goes, this may be more than I am willing to spend at this point, but not totally out of the question.

Can anyone offer any guidance / suggestions as to the above cameras and/or anything else that you think I should consider.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom