Need to replace my C-5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sanderdl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It was stolen on a land trip last weekend. Does anyone have a spare to sell me? I still have housing, a good supply of dessicant, lube, spare O-ring, etc.

Alternatively, what would you buy as a replacement?

Thanks,

Emily

Emily check eBay but when I was buying they were going for over $250. You will just have to bid on all that come up for auction and hope someone is selling cheap. Be sure it does not have purple fringe problem as Olyumpus America is having a hard time finding parts to fix They are 5 yr old digicams after all!
C5050s are a classic and holding there value that is why I have two. Sorry not sellling now.

Hey Leese,
I know that you are busy these days, but could you be a sweetheart and send me some settings for my 50-50, please. I haven't taken U/W pics like for 4 years now and I have forgotten everything I learned.

I will be shooting in Macro, so some simple settings would be appreciated if you have the time. Going to AKR, in Roatan in a couple of weeks.

Good Divin'
George

Well it seems that I too am in need of a C-5050. I took it out of the case to get familiar with it again last night and it was all coming back to me, when suddenly it would not focus on any image, just a bunch of lines and draining my batteries like crazy. I called the local camera shop today, Helix, in Chicago and after describing what was happening the gentleman stated to me that it sounded to him like my CCD was out.

I am not sure what all is involved or how it went bad, but it cost about $250.00 to repair. I am better off buying a new one. Anyway, so much for picture taking at AKR in Roatan next month.

Good Divin'
George :shakehead:

George goto Splashdown Divers website. It has complete instructions on settings for Oly. That presumes you are able to find a replacement. Have you tried Olympus America yet? If they said no way, start hunting eBay or go for my newer SP-350 system (4sale).

Well it seems that I too am in need of a C-5050. I took it out of the case to get familiar with it again last night and it was all coming back to me, when suddenly it would not focus on any image, just a bunch of lines and draining my batteries like crazy. I called the local camera shop today, Helix, in Chicago and after describing what was happening the gentleman stated to me that it sounded to him like my CCD was out.

I am not sure what all is involved or how it went bad, but it cost about $250.00 to repair. I am better off buying a new one. Anyway, so much for picture taking at AKR in Roatan next month.

Good Divin'
George :shakehead:

George,

Don't throw that 5050 away. I don't know if Olympus is still fixing the CCDs, but it's worth a try. Many of the CCDs were defective and Olympus fixed them for free. If they can't fix it, they may give you a deal on a new camera...

Jim

I'll through this out there.. I have a Oly C-5050 with PT-015 UW Housing. 3 different Merkury lenses; 2 filters and a wide angle port for the UW housing. I bought it awhile ago and have used it once. Whole shebang with camera bag and manuals for $500. Sold as complete unit only. If that fits anyones desires. Send me a private email and we can talk about payment and shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom