Neeed suggestions for upcoming trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squee!

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and i will be going to hawaii for a conference located in honolulu. Neither of us have ever been to hawaii and would like to go diving there. We have dove in the caribbean and mexico primarily and australia and the philippines. Would certainly appreciate any suggestions.

My wife is relatively novice, and I am intermediate. Thanks!

Also any places to go for food and the like would be appreciated! I've browsed the forum and found a lot of suggestions to be somewhat dated, so i'd like some reassurance on places that are still around and suggestions for newer places that have propped up. we will be in hawaii for about a week and a half and are very open to island hopping and staying elsewhere for at least half a week.

First off..... thanks for posting.

Next up, booking a hotel or condo should be pretty easy. Everything is quite accessible if you are staying in Waikiki. If you are looking to explore a bit and get out off the beaten path a rental car is certainly a good idea.

Lots to do here too..... Pearl Harbor, North Shore, Beaches to relax and trails to tread on..... As far as diving goes there are several wrecks that get dived in the AM and more mellow, shallow reefs in the afternoon.

Feel free to let me know if you have further questions.....

G

I can't recommend Gabe and Drew from Kaimana enough. I dove three days with Drew and could not have asked for a better divemaster, though I do with I could also have dived with Gabe. They run a seriously classy operation over there. And you end up with friends.

Ditto that--My husband and I dove 4 days with Drew. Gabe was great about making arrangements and Drew was relaxed but on top of everything. We dove a range of sites-- wrecks and reefs, saw eagle rays, turtles, nudibranchs (Drew was very good at pointing out critters), morays, etc. And while on the boat we saw whales and dolphins.

We had a lot of good meals in Honolulu. Ocean House was probably our favorite but we also enjoyed Shorebird and Hula Grill.

Ditto that--My husband and I dove 4 days with Drew. Gabe was great about making arrangements and Drew was relaxed but on top of everything. We dove a range of sites-- wrecks and reefs, saw eagle rays, turtles, nudibranchs (Drew was very good at pointing out critters), morays, etc. And while on the boat we saw whales and dolphins.

We had a lot of good meals in Honolulu. Ocean House was probably our favorite but we also enjoyed Shorebird and Hula Grill.

We dove together! I should have known you'd be here. :) Can't wait to see your pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom