Nekton Rorqual 7/25/09 - 8/1/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...not to sound too elitest, but I tend to agree that divers on liveaboards tend to be of a substantially higher quality standard than the average resort type diver.....liveaboards attract the hardcore, experienced, professional diver

You should have seen the "Operation Hailstorm Re-enactors" I recently dove with on the Truk Odyssey!

:D

Say hello to crew: Dustin, Renee, Heike, David Bone, and Bud.

Greg

I was on the Pilot when we lost the dive deck (late 90s). We had just finished shipyard and USCG inspection and the dive deck checked out perfectly. We were bringing the boat from Ft. Lauderdale to George Town, Great Exuma and were less than 30 miles off of Ft. Lauderdale in extremely rough sea conditions. A wave of more than 15 feet hit the Pilot from behind and knocked the dive deck clear off the boat-32 tanks, 2 skiffs, etc. No one was hurt, but it was quite an experience.

Since that event both the Pilot and Rorqual have been fitted with straps to secure the dive deck in rough sea conditions. The hydraulics have nothing to do with "losing the dive deck." When the cables jump the track it is a PIA and requires the crew to work their arses off to get it repaired, but the deck would not be in danger of coming off. How do YOU know that the Rorqual will lose their dive deck if they don't get the hydraulics fixed (just like how do YOU know all the drug tests came back clean?)? You sound like someone eager to trash the company.

maybe if DICKson would pay his employees we wouldnt have to worry about people trashing Nekton on scubaboard. Theres people who havent worked for the company for over a year who still havent gotten paid. If you treat your employees like dirt than you deserve to have all your little secrets spilled. Thats the price you pay when you dont pay! I know four people that got there checks and every single one of them bounced. So where did all our credit card tips go? since you seem to have all the answers for everyone cappy jon, explain to me why our credit card tip, the tips i worked my arse off for, go to the office and.. disappear? yet mr DICKson can afford have his own private plane and drive a very nice Lincoln Nav.

so i guess the pilots lost the dive deck twice. it was also lost 2 years ago.

I Worked on the Pilot and the Roraqual, and I would warn instructors and Divemasters to stay away from Nekton. While no one does the job to get rich you have to be able to pay your bills and you will not be able to pay them on time working for Nekton. I started in Oct. of 07 and stopped working for the company in Oct. of 08. I left the boat for a vacation, and wasn't able to go back because of the money. I loved the work, and the crew; but the company has major problems. I hope that someone can take a good long honest look at things and pull the company out, but I'm afraid all of their focus is on just getting through another week.

so i guess the pilots lost the dive deck twice. it was also lost 2 years ago.

I certainly don't have all the answers, but perhaps I'll pose a few questions for you:

Do tell about the dive deck being lost. How about some details here. Where did it lose the dive deck two years ago? When did it happen? How many charters were lost due to the loss (we lost 5 weeks while a new one was fabricated) ?

Also waiting to hear how you are privvy to drug test results that are supposed to be confidential?

This is just plain getting kinda' goofy. I didn't know there were even that many former crewmen. Wow, what a lot of anonymous first posts.

We have two spots reserved for our Nekton trip in a few weeks. My only concern is the Storm Reports!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom