Nekton Rorqual, June 5 Trip Canceled? Advance Notice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20DIVR

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. Just three weeks from tomorrow, my husband and I (and from SB I've heard of 20 or so others) are scheduled to go to Cay Sal Bank on the Nekton Rorqual. With all the problems they're having and the fact that the boat is not operational, I'm wondering if the trip is going to be canceled. We're trying to decide if we need to make other plans.

For those of you who had trips canceled by Nekton, how much advance notice did you get?

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi H2ODIVR. In this latest round of cancellations, I have heard notices of 1 to 3 weeks. In prior times it has been up to when the passengers had already landed in Fort Lauderdale to take their trips. I'm sure you've been reading the posts on SB and perhaps the "other" board and can deduce that there are some problems here. I personally would be making other plans. Did you make your final payment? If all you have to lose is your $400.00 deposit, then you might want to cut your losses and run. If you made your final payment and you didn't use a credit card, I guess you will have to see what plays out. If you made your payment by credit card, you'll have to wait until the trip doesn't happen to file a dispute. I also would be keeping a folder of all these posts as support for your credit card dispute when you don't get the trip on the week scheduled but instead get a promise of a future trip plus a free one, which seems to be the modus operandi here. I'm sorry that I can't be more positive for you and the others. I wish it were different.

Check the other thread, the latest is that John Dixon says he's "working on something and will update the website on Monday". Not sure exactly what that means, but with the big tax liens against 2 companies that he owns, it's looking uglier and uglier.

H20,

As far as my trip goes (5/15, hey today :shocked2: ) I heard on here BEFORE I heard from Nekton. Call and ask. I had a PM from Paul522 who said he was on that trip in a group of 9, you may want to get in touch with him. Good Luck!

I went to the Scuba Show in Long Beach today and they were a no show! They were listed in the program and on the scuba show web site as being a vendor. We went, hoping to get some answers but sure enough....they were NOT there.

I was just looking at their site and they have a facebook link but there's no evidence of them having a facebook page at all. Wondering if they never got around to it or took it down? No mention of anything on their website and it still shows upcoming dates listed for Rorqual.

Their Facebook pages (3 of them, 1 each for the ships, and 1 for the company) are up. I just checked them and the FB pages are still online.

Back
Top Bottom