Nekton trip to southern Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I saw a posting for a Nekton cruise to southern Belize. I beleive it was for the dates November 3-10 (or around that time).

Anyone know what the ocean weather conditions are that time of year? Isn't that the middle of the "rainy season".

Thanks,

Sy

Si,

I have been in diving Belize and Costa Rica at the end of October and this is the end of the rainey season. Kind of like Florida, daily rain but a lot of sun also. No one in our groups have complained. The diving was great and the company always make the trip anyway.

Perry

I love anything biq, square, boxy and blue with the name Nekton on it, but that's just my opinion. When the boat is in Belize, it's just the best- and that should be everyone's opinion!

Here's some facts: June 1 > November 30th is the "official" Huricane season. The rainy season seems to linger on a bit longer.

If it's a Huricane, they'll "get you out of Dodge". If it's just stinky weather, I can't imagine a better place to be other than that ultra stable ship.

Go, have fun.

Did the last week in Oct - first week in Nov last year and booked the same week again this year. Last year that week it rained like hell. Had a total of 1 hour of sun all week.... but the trip, boat,diving and crew was so great no one cared at all. Only problem was that you never dried out. Hoping for better weather this year but if it rains again I still know I will have a blast.

Joe

October-November is the time to go. I agree with fda483 and RoatanMan Nekton is great.

I was there the week before fda483. We had a full week of sun, unlike the week after. It was my 2nd Nekton trip, and because of it I did my 3rd Nekton to the Cal Sal banks two months ago in June. I just might book the Belize trip again.
One big advantage about going that time of year is that the boat is not full. Our trip was the first one of the season and we had only 6 people, I think the week after they had 17. I've been on a a full boat also and there is still plenty of room and good food.
I like a smaller group of people as you can really get to talk and know people. They always have a full crew so there is a lot of attention, and it feels like your own private boat.

GREAT crew, great diving.

Joe what week are you going?

Jaydiver:
October-November is the time to go. I agree with fda483 and RoatanMan Nekton is great.

I was there the week before fda483. We had a full week of sun, unlike the week after. It was my 2nd Nekton trip, and because of it I did my 3rd Nekton to the Cal Sal banks two months ago in June. I just might book the Belize trip again.
One big advantage about going that time of year is that the boat is not full. Our trip was the first one of the season and we had only 6 people, I think the week after they had 17. I've been on a a full boat also and there is still plenty of room and good food.
I like a smaller group of people as you can really get to talk and know people. They always have a full crew so there is a lot of attention, and it feels like your own private boat.

GREAT crew, great diving.

Joe what week are you going?

Sure rub it in about the sun the week before! You are right about the light load on the boat, I think we had 11 divers on my trip. Going this year on the 10/27 trip. Will be meeting up with the guy I buddied with on last years trip. We both feel it can't rain two years in a row on us. From what Pam told us we were the first to book that week.
Should be plenty of room - why not jump in!!!

Joe

Joe,

It sound very very tempting. Leslie cooking, Ephey and Mike driving, 3 divers, over 6000 sq ft of boat, and an ocean to dive in, I'll bring the sun. Because of my schedule I can't book more than 1 month in advance, so I'll try.

Jay

A month in advance - I think thats when I booked the trip last year, worked out well. Keep me posted if you do.

Joe

Been to Belize last week of October, had an equal mix of sunny days, cloudy days and sunny. The only bad time was if the wind wasn't blowing, the mosquitoes were vicious and hunted in large packs!! Don't expect the same problem on a live aboard.

If it doesn't work out for you in October, we have space the week of November 3-10, and a good price ($1495 + add on's). Come on and join us. Trip info at http://nekton.ncdiver.com

Back
Top Bottom