NELD get-together overnighter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By late August I'll have moved to Hawaii.

sorry to hijack, but- are you all seriously going camping without any booze? i wasnt aware that such a thing existed. :)

Not to worry my friend. I went to a college which had a so-called "dry campus". I never drank so much alcohol in my whole life as I did during those three years I spent there on the "dry" campus. I drank less when I moved off campus. One DCR power ranger vs. 30 NELD divers....no contest.

LobstaMan

LobstaMan:
Not to worry my friend. I went to a college which had a so-called "dry campus". I never drank so much alcohol in my whole life as I did during those three years I spent there on the "dry" campus. I drank less when I moved off campus. One DCR power ranger vs. 30 NELD divers....no contest.

LobstaMan

Well, then I'm out. Hope you guys/gals have a great time.

Hopefully, the various wet/dry camps can co-exist without irritating the other side.

decapoddiver:
Well, then I'm out. Hope you guys/gals have a great time.

Hey, don't let me scare you off. Those days of over indulging are waaaaaaaay behind me. I got that behavior out of my system. Nowadays, I probably couldn't sneak booze past a blind resident assistant.:D

Of course, diving and excessive drinking don't mix. You should never drink too much alcohol before or after diving. And I never do. However, there's nothing wrong with a couple socials(most of the time). Besides, I can't lug all that alcohol, plus diving equipment, plus food, plus water, plus camping equipment, plus my own fat butt over to the island...I'd have a heart attack.

So, don't let the absence of alcohol nor the over abundance of it scare you off. I don't think either will be occurring. But, don't listen to me...what do I know?? We wouldn't want to get in trouble by gettin' all liquored up grandpa's moonshine.

Given all the above, if the rules say 'no alcohol on the island', then I can live by that...I'm a real law and order sorta guy!

LobstaMan

LobstaMan:
Hey, don't let me scare you off.

I agree...I wouldn't worry too much about it. I figure that a group of New England divers are going to be a reponsible lot in general and if some sneak along a few beers or a few nips, then I really doubt it's going to turn into some kind of a drunken bash...lol... not likely to happen at all!
In fact, I'm sure most are going to want to keep away from alcohol so that they can dive that night or the next morning, so really...don't worry about it or let it stop anyone from coming!

John C.

Back
Top Bottom