Nemo Excel buttons and sensors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoeloe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I have some questions about the Mares Nemo Excel I recently acquired.

1) Right next to the Enter button there is a small round spot. What is the function of this ?

2) On the battery cover there are near one of the small battery cover screws 2 very small holes. What is the function of these small holes ?

3) On the front side, there 3 small holes near the name "Nemo excel" on the black bezel. What is the function of these holes ?

TIA

I don't have this computer, but my Puck has 2 holes near the battery for connection the USb cable. I can imagine this model would have the same sort of overall layout... Can you see metal pins inside the holes of any kind?

No pins visible, the Nemo Excel has an infrared interface, no USB. So that's not it I guess.
The holes near one off the screws of the battery cover are just right next to the tiny screw, almost same size as the screw. Must be a sensor I guess,.. but what function ?

Hi,

I have some questions about the Mares Nemo Excel I recently acquired.

1) Right next to the Enter button there is a small round spot. What is the function of this ?

2) On the battery cover there are near one of the small battery cover screws 2 very small holes. What is the function of these small holes ?

3) On the front side, there 3 small holes near the name "Nemo excel" on the black bezel. What is the function of these holes ?

TIA

1) This is the infared reader, it's on all Nemos

2) Not sure.

3) Pressure sensor

Concerning point 1 of your reply, I wasn't talking about the somewhat darker spot on the display, which is as I know the infrared interface, but the metallic one right next to the Enter button on the side of the casing. Anyway,.. thank you for your reply.

Hi, sorry to hijack your thread but just out of interest... when you use the light function for your nemo excel, do you get a dark mark appearing at the bottom of the screen?

Hi awh,

The dark spot you see is normal. It is the infared sensor used for downloading.

I hope you enjoy your new computer.

Best,

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom