Neo or Trilam Dry Suit for Wreck Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer the neo BARE dry suit myself even with the travel issues....but most all my serious cold weather diving travel is done via car....hell most of my dive travel is via car--lol!

I used trilams for years before I borrowed a neoprene suit. Shortly after I bought my own neioprene suit and have never looked back. They are warmer and swim better due to the trimmer cut and stretchability.

They take a little longer to fix if you get a hole in a neoprene suit, but on the other hand you virtually never get a large leak/flood in a neoprene suit. A trilam is quick to fix, but I have spent a lot of cold wet dives in trilam suits as when they leak it tends to be worse and the suit loses most of it's insulation when wet while a neoprene suit at worst converts to a semi-dry and stays toasty warm.

DA, does that hold true for the crushed and hyper-compressed neo suits also?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom