Neoprene integrity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My neoprene drysuit I hose out every couple of dives and turn inside out to dry, so it dries, instead of festering.
Perspiration pooling in socks or boots combined with the odd seal schpritz of water also from inflator hose disconnection is just what happens

It's been hanging in the heat with compressors compressing, cars coming and going in a garage for 15 years

The BDM heavy zipper has deteriorated but still seals. The neoprene is still schmick

Currently it is undergoing a renovation involving zip replacement and enlarging due to "neoprene shrinkage"
in anticipation of a much overdue move out of this stifling sweatbox brain numbing backwater, to cooler climes

You saw what they did to gabe here

My wicking undergarments comprise of tights sweatpants tshirt and windcheater all tight fitting
bought from the kids and womens sections of the supermarket

I think I’ll give this a go too.

I did notice some moisture on the neoprene flap covering the inside of the inflation valve - so perhaps that is an issue too. I was practicing getting the hose on and off in the pool.

Lots of good advice and much appreciated.
Taking the hose on and off in the pool will put a little moisture through the inflator valve. That would be expected. Very noticeable in a drysuit, just think of how noticeable a few drops of water are inside a plastic sandwich bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom