Neoprene sleeves on neoprene drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to post this after trying it a few weeks ago.

The issue I was having is getting my hands out of my sleeves after diving. The cuffs were tight and to get my hands out I usually had to ask a buddy for help to unfold the neoprene. (I have added some weight over the winter) I didn't like that solution but the only alternative I had was to ship my suit back to the manufacturer to get latex cuffs - which I didn't want to do because I try to dive every weekend and it would take at least 10 days for the repair. Also I prefer the warmth of neoprene (I'd love drysuit gloves but I will save those for the next suit purchase).

So I tried drying my hands before taking off my suit, making a smaller folder over only caused leaks so that was no good either. Then I read on another thread a technique to use silicon spray in footwells to make them easier to get off. I sprayed some silicone on the end of the neoprene before folding it in next to my wrist at the start of each days' dives. Absolutely amazing! They come right off now. Thanks for the tip and maybe this will help someone else.

The added effect is the hairs on my wrist are silky smooth now too - time to wow the ladies! :)

is that a vegetable based silocone you used?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom